Norbury Manor High School for Girls

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Norbury Manor High School for Girls

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1932 -1983

History

Opened 31 March 1913 as Stanford Road Senior Mixed [Boys and Girls] School. The building was used as a military hospital between March 1915 and June 1919 and the pupils accommodated at Winterbourne Road School. Renamed Norbury Manor in December 1922. Reorganised as separate senior boys and senior girls schools from 4 April 1932. [See SCH75]. Renamed Norbury Manor Secondary Modern Girls School, April 1947. Moved to Kensington Avenue on 16 April 1958. Became an 11 - 14 comprehensive and assumed its present name in 1970. In April 1994, the school became grant maintained and so ceased to be the responsibility of the Local Education Authority.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Description identifier

CB035

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes