Ecclesbourne Junior School

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Ecclesbourne Junior School

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1901

History

Ecclesbourne Road Boys and Girls Schools were opened in 1901. They took both Juniors and Seniors. In September 1930 the schools were reorganised: all the Juniors and Senior Boys were transferred to Whitehorse Manor and Elmwood (the Boys Log Books went to Whitehorse Manor.)

A Senior Girls School remained at Ecclesbourne (see under Ecclesbourne High School). In September 1976 a new Junior School was opened for boys and girls, it being housed in the adjoining Infant building until its own premises were ready for occupation.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Description identifier

CB055

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes