Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
Opened as Ashburton Senior School, 7 September 1931 in Long Lane, Croydon. Reopened as Ashburton Secondary Modern School in Shirley Road, 4 April 1950. Boys and Girls departments became separate schools on 1 Jan 1952. The two schools then amalgamated to form Ashburton High School on 1 September 1970. The school was renamed Ashburton Community School in September 1999.
The school is moved to new buildings on the Shirley Road site in April 2006 as part of the Ashburton Learning Village project. The former school buildings on the Shirley Road will be demolished to make way for housing.