Purley Oaks Primary School

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Purley Oaks Primary School

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1873 - 1997

History

Brighton Road Senior Boys School was opened on 19 August 1873; Brighton Road Junior Mixed [Boys and Girls] School on 22 August 1873 and Brighton Road Senior Girls School on 29 September 1873. Brighton Road Infants School also opened at some point in 1873. Between 24 December 1874 and 31 March 1878 and between 31 December 1912 and 31 December 1921, the Senior Girls School and the Junior School were combined. On 1 January 1922, the schools were reorganised to form a Senior Mixed [Boys and Girls] School and a Junior and Infants School. The name of the schools was also changed in 1922 from Brighton Road to Purley Oaks. On 23 August 1926, a further reorganisation saw the creation of a Senior and Junior School and an Infants School. On 31 August 1955, the senior pupils were transferred to South Croydon Secondary School and a Junior School and an Infants School were created. On 1 September 1981, the two schools were combined into a single Junior and Infants school under one head.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Description identifier

CB018

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes