Norbury Manor High School for Boys

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Norbury Manor High School for Boys

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1913 - 1986

History

Opened 31 March 1913 as Stanford Road Senior Mixed [Boys and Girls] School. The building was used as a military hospital between March 1915 and June 1919 and the pupils accommodated at Winterbourne Road School. Renamed Norbury Manor in December 1922. Reorganised as separate senior boys and senior girls schools from 4 April 1932. [See SCH76]. Renamed Norbury Manor Secondary Modern Boys School, 1 April 1947. Two thirds of school transferred to premises in Winterbourne Road, 1 September 1954, in preparation for rebuilding programme. School reassembled at Stanford Road, 6 January 1964. Became an 11-14 comprehensive school in September 1970. Closed 31 August 1986 as a result of falling rolls.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Control area

Description identifier

CB037

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes