Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
Founded circa 1834, perhaps as a dame school or as a school attached to All Saints Chapel. Made a Church of England school by trust deed, dated 1849. Enlarged and became a National School in 1864. Infants school founded probably 1838; Girls school founded probably 1838; Boys school founded probably 1838; National school opened Jan 1866; Girls and Infants schools amalgamated 1 January 1905; Girls and Infants and Boys schools amalgamated 1 September 1924 to become Junior Mixed [Boys and Girls] and Infants: became known as the Academy on the Hill, recruiting only graduates and enjoying a considerable reputation; school lost aided status in 1953 and became a controlled school; reorganised as separate infants and junior schools, 1 September 1967; old junior school buildings demolished 1971. From 1967 - 2005 the Infants and Juniors were separate schools.
All Saints Infant School and All Saints CE Junior School federated in October 2005 with one Headteacher and one Governing Body. The schools federated because the Infants is a Community School and the Juniors is a Church of England (Voluntary Controlled) School.
In September 2008 the school became a joint building with one main entrance, administrative office and staffroom.