- 1933 - 1988 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Accession Number: A944
Records relating to Purley High School for Girls (formerly Purley County School) Old Girls Association
1) Minute book of the Association 1939 - 1990 plus subsequent entries 1992 and 2008;
2) Commemorative album presented to Miss Simpson (Head 1933 - 1962) upon her retirement in 1962. Contains menu and messages from past and present staff and past pupils.
3) Record of those who attended Golden Jubilee Reunion, 31 March 1984.
4) Lever arch file containing photocopied history of the school to 1962, written by Miss J.C. Simpson, plus Association newsletters and information on events. (Note: the whereabouts of the original copy of the school history is unknown. It is mentioned in Ron Coxs list.)
Item date: 1939 - 2008
Accession date: 20/03/08
Custodial history: Donor was Secretary/Treasurer of the Association (together with Jackie Huggins (nee Maynard)
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Some of the records in our collections contain sensitive and personal data that we have a legal responsibility to control access to. In these circumstances, staff may search the collection on your behalf, having received consent or proof of death of the individual concerned.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information regarding the particular collection you wish to access.
You can make a request for information which may be in a closed record under the Freedom of Information Act, 2000 or the Environmental Information Regulations, 2004. For more information about making a request, see the Croydon Council website (www.croydon.gov.uk). Making a request does not guarantee access to the information you ask for, as there may be a valid exemption from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
- Purley High School for Girls (Creator)