- 1944 - 1955 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Donor is the son of the late Mr J.R.Anning.
The three war damaged properties which the file relates to were:
1) 39 Folkestone Road, Dover, home of Mr Annings parents. This was damaged in 1940/1941 and was unoccupied from September 1941.
2) 35 Hillcrest View, Beckenham was damaged by a V1flying bomb in June 1944 shortly before the Anning family were due to move. This road is just over the boundary in the London Borough of Bromley.
3) 60 Howard Road, South Norwood. This was damaged by the V1 which fell on Denmark Road (two streets to the east) on 28/9 June 1944 (CB V1 no.42). In c.1956 it was renumbered as no.66 Howard Road. The Anning family continued to live there until c.1965 and the house was demolished shortly afterwards. Kimpton Court now stands on the site.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
File of correspondence and receipts relating to war damage claims by Mr J.R. Anning at three properties:
1) 39 Folkestone Road, Dover
2) 35 Hillcrest View, Beckenham
3) 60 Howard Road, South Norwood