- 1966 - 2007 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
The first pupils were admitted to Applegarth Junior School on 05 January 1967 and the school was officially opened on 12 October 1967. Delays in completing the buildings meant that the Infants school initially shared premises with the Juniors for a short period.
Transferred by the school, via Dr Ron Cox, in July 2007 and November 2007.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Accession Number: A932
Additional records of Applegarth Junior School
1) Classes; teams; staff, 1980s - c.1990s
2) Classroom work and pupils, 1999, n.d.
3) School activities and visits; plays; music groups; assemblies, c.1990s - c.2000s
4) Music for Life event, Mar 2004
5) School sports day, 1 packet, n.d.
6) Applegarth Junior School Football Team, n.d.
7) Aerial view of Applegarth Infants and Junior Schools, n.d.
8) Exterior views of Applegarth Junior School, n.d.
9) Negatives, 1 packet, n.d.
10) CD entitled School photos, n.d.
11) Copper coin collection for victims of Tsunami, c.2005
1) Programme for Music for Life event, The Barbican, London, 3 Mar 2004
2) Programme for Sound Start to Symphonic Sounds, Trinity School Croydon, 12 Jul 2003
3) Programme for Applegarth Sound Start Band Debut Concert, 9 Apr 2003
1) Newspaper cuttings
1/1 Applegarth Junior School Football Team, n.d.
1/2 Flags for Croydons summer festival, 2 items, n.d.
2) Letter: David Miliband to Vicky Gogerly, Headteacher, regarding Music for Life Event at the Barbican Hall on 3 March 2004, 10 Mar 2004
Item date: c.1980s - c.2005
Accession date: 12/3/2007
Custodial history: Transferred by the school, via Ron Cox, in December 2007.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Some of the records in our collections contain sensitive and personal data that we have a legal responsibility to control access to. In these circumstances, staff may search the collection on your behalf, having received consent or proof of death of the individual concerned.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information regarding the particular collection you wish to access.
You can make a request for information which may be in a closed record under the Freedom of Information Act, 2000 or the Environmental Information Regulations, 2004. For more information about making a request, see the Croydon Council website (www.croydon.gov.uk). Making a request does not guarantee access to the information you ask for, as there may be a valid exemption from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion