Christ Church School

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Christ Church School

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1863 - 1958


Founded 1857. By 25 March 1863 there was an infants school; by 27 March 1863, a boys school and 20 April 1863 a girls school. The schools were taken over by the Education Committee, 1 October 1903. On 1 April 1923, the schools were reorganised. After that date the juniors and infants were combined, the senior girls formed a second school and the senior boys went to St Saviours. On 8 January 1934 the schools were again reorganised, the juniors and infants remaining as one school and the senior girls going elsewhere. The school closed in July 1958 because of lack of money for necessary repairs.


Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points


Control area

Authority record identifier


Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion




Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places