Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Coulsdon Nursery School
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The school commenced on 4 April 1933 as a Day Nursery and on 1 July 1946 as a Nursery School. The initial premises was a private bungalow in Woodman Road. It was founded by Mrs Finn who had advanced ideas on nursery education. Later, a bungalow, Greenacres, was built in Linden Avenue and the Nursery was built in its garden; the Nursery staff slept in the bungalow.
The school came under the Authority of the London Borough of Croydon in 1964.
A Trust was established in 1953 by the Charity Commission Scheme, for the Regulation of a charity to be known as the Coulsdon and District Day Nursery.
The school has shared a governing body with Chipstead Valley Primary School.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Access points area
Subject access points
Place access points
Authority record identifier