Byron Junior School
Byron Junior School
On paper slips. Original deeds transferred to Surrey Record Office in 1960.
Cane Hill Asylum
Third Asylum-County of Surrey; Architects drawings:
1)Front elevation, front offices and residences, colour, 1879
2)Map showing position of buildings on site, 187?
3)Plan and elevation of entrance gates next to lodge, 1879
4)Plan for new iron entrance gates, Brighton Road Lodge, date obscured. In two parts, v. fragile.
5)Plan showing the site and buildings at Coulsdon- 8/7/1880.
London County Asylum - Cane Hill; plans
6)Plan of fields, coloured, n.d.
7)Site Plan, Office Copy, includes markings of bombs landed on site.
8)Road repairs, 1936-7, Chief Engineer.
Ordnance Survey Maps
9)SW Metropolitan Regional Hospital Board 1:2500 TQ2958 1959, showing eastern side of hospital (shaded).
10)1:2500, XIX.12, c.1935 Chipstead with row of houses highlighted in red.
11)1:2500, XIX.12 and XX.9, c.1896-7. V. fragile. Mounted.
Cane Hill Asylum
1 item: Plan of Croydon (Thornton Heath to South Croydon) mounted on canvas. The detail of the map appears to have been copied from the Plan of the Parish of Croydon in the County of Surrey (1847) by W.Roberts with one or two additions.
Notebook of testimonials by actresses to Caroline Spratt, dresser at the Grand Theatre.
Cash book of Clarendon Cash Stores, 24 Pitlake. The name and address of Ernest Wickham is written in inside front cover, donors grandfather.
Castle Hill Primary School
Two certificates of Gwendoline Beatrice Pratt
1) Certificate awarded by Heathcote House School, Croydon, to Gwendoline Pratt for Scripture, Christmas 1928.
2) Certificate Awarded by London College of Music, Gt. Marlborough Street, London to Gwendoline Pratt for pianoforte playing, 13 July 1928.
Gwendoline Beatrice Pratt
Teachers Certificate of the Second Class issued to Charlotte Emily Mortimer. The certificate was originally issued in December 1887, following examination and a probationary period. It is endorsed with the First Report by HM Inspector, dated 15 Apr 1891.
Charlotte Emily Mortimer
Dr Nigel Elliott
Chipstead Valley Primary School
Opened 5 April 1937. Closed July 1969
Chipstead Valley Secondary School
Christ Church School
Christ Church C of E Primary School
Volume of accounts for Christmas dinners distributed to the poor, with newspaper clippings, 1885-1902. Also contains household accounts 1867-8.
A A Johnston
Two letters and photographs concerning Ronald Murthwaites service with the Civil Defence Corps, Croydon Division.
Volume of instructions on preparation of engineering production drawings, 1950-59; notes on the operation of electro-mechanical punched-card machines produced 1955-62 by a Senior Development Engineer employed by Powers-Samas Accounting Machines. These notes formed the basis of ten 1-hour lectures on computers which formed part of an Msc Course on Computing at the University of Surrey.
Powers-Samas Accounting Machines
1 bundle: Bundle of correspondence, pamphlets, postcards relating to the conscientious objection of George Glasscock (1895 - 1991) of Morland Road.
Collection includes a chapter from an unpublished (?) history of Croydons conscientious objectors by G.Patrick Battell.
Letters, cuttings and scanned photos received by Sara Haines while compiling Remember Stanley? (2003), a booklet produced by the Community Development Unit to commemorate the centenary of Stanley Halls.
3 items: Conveyance dated 16 March 1934 for the sale of 23 Temple Avenue, Shirley. The house was purchased by Mr and Mrs H. Wilcock.
Conveyance of lands in the parish of Croydon known as Stony Close, Madams Field, Under Duppers Hill and the Three cornered piece. Between William Sampson and Frederick Taylor and the London, Brighton and South Coast Railway. 1846 with schedule from 1790.
Note book containing copies of letters from the battlefield 1916 from 2nd Lt. Edgar Rowe Williamson and includes some press cuttings.
Lt. Edgar Rowe Williamson