Showing 724 results

Record description
Only top-level descriptions
Print preview View:

Inspection Report of Addington Ballards Russell School at Purley

  • AR822
  • Collection
  • 1945

Ministry of Education Full Inspection Report of Addington Ballards Russell School at Purley 16-18 Feb 1945
Letter to the school from the Ministry of Education stating that the report will not be issued. Dated 17 July 1945

Ministry of Education

Leases transferred from West Croydon Baptist Church

  • AR858
  • Collection
  • 1702 - 1711

1) Sales Particular plan of the Remaining Portion of the Ringstead Lodge Estate, 05 May 1870 (see CR/1533). Site of chapel marked but not included in sale. (To be transferred to the Local Studies Library).
2) Lease dated 18 November 1702 for land at Benshamfield in Croydon.
3) Lease dated 28 November 1711 for land at Benshamfield in Croydon.
4) Release dated 29 November 1711 for item 3).

West Croydon Baptist Church

Canvas plan of Croydon

  • AR861
  • Collection
  • c.1850

1 item: Plan of Croydon (Thornton Heath to South Croydon) mounted on canvas. The detail of the map appears to have been copied from the Plan of the Parish of Croydon in the County of Surrey (1847) by W.Roberts with one or two additions.

Unknown person

Journal of teaching practice at Overbury School

  • AR864
  • Collection
  • 1948 - 1959

1) Photocopies of extracts from a journal of teaching practice at The Overbury Primary School, New Addington, 19 April - 04 May 1948 by Jameson G. Little.
2) Notebook. Only one page used (notes on early history of Britain) but evidence of pages removed. It is possible that the pages which were photocopied came from this book.
3) Notebook containing timetables, report remarks etc for 1959. It is not clear which school this refers to.

Overbury School

Records of Carden Godfrey Architects

  • AR903
  • Collection
  • c.1980 - 1987

Files relating to:
124 Church Road
73 Park Lane
New Addington (3 files)
Addington Contract
Crosfield House
20 Barclay Road, Probation House (2 files)
Addington Probation Office (2 files)

Carden Godfrey Architects

Further records of Woodside Baptist Church

  • AR905
  • Collection
  • 1918 - 2004

Deacons Meeting Minutes: 03 May 1971 - 07 Dec 1976; 04 Jan 1977 - 06 Dec 1982; 10 Jan 1983 - 20 Oct 1990
Church Meeting Minutes: 10 May 1971 - 13 Dec 1976, 11 Jan 1977 - 17 Jan 1983
Missionary Council Meeting Minutes: 06 Apr 1967 - 11 Feb 1980
Teachers Meeting Minutes: 18 Jan 1943 - 10 Jan 1949
B.W.L. Meeting Minutes: 04 Jan 1938 - 19 Sep 1960
Womens Rally: 07 Jun 1937 - 18 Mar 1955; 21 Oct 1955 - 22 Feb 1968; 04 Mar 1968 - 21 Sep 1981; 10 Nov 1982 - 23 Nov 2004
Womens Rally Reports: 1918 - 1974 (some missing)
Baptist Womens League: 16 Jan 1961 - 27 May 1965
Woodside Baptist Sunday School: 10 Jan 1949 - 11 Mar 1957; 09 Apr 1957 - 15 Jun 1964; 14 Jul 1964 - 02 Jul 1972; 25 Sep 1972 - 21 Jul 1980
Settlement Committee: 11 Oct 1941 - 01 Mar 1977
Junior Christian Endeavour: Jan 1978 - 16 Nov 1982
Finance Committee Meeting: 18 Jul 1963 - 21 Feb 1982

Woodside Baptist Church

Further records of Dr Francis J.G. Keen

  • AR947
  • Collection
  • 2006 - 2007

Poems 2006 part 2 (06 December 2006) MSS

Poems 2006 (09 August 2007) Fair copy

Poems 2007 part 1 (07 September 2007) MSS

Poems 2007 part 2 (19 December 2007) MSS

The Laws of Dust (Short story, mss, 06 April 2007)
The Laws of Dust/Dirt (Short story, neat copy of above, 06 April 2007)

After the Event (Short story, mss, 14 July 2007)
After the Event (Short story, neat copy of above, 14 July 2007)

The Way Ahead (Play, mss, 06 September 2007)

Dr Francis J.G. Keen

Westwood High School Clock Faces Project

  • AR958
  • Collection
  • 1997 - 2002

1 box:
10 files of papers documenting the project between 1997 and 2002

Background information
Documents and Reports April 1997 - March 1999
Original proposals (official documents)
Artists proposals
Artist contract and information about previous commissions
Correspondence files Summer 2001 - Winter 2002
Budgets (History)
Final Stage (after installation)
Community contact file
Doubtful items

Westwood High School

Photograph album including Croydon Airport

  • AR968
  • Collection
  • 1944 - c.1950

1 vol: Photograph album containing mounted photographs (b/w) of V1 damage in Friern Road, Lordship Lane, Crystal Palace Road (all Dulwich), aircraft at Croydon Airport (30 Aug 1947), air journey to continent from Northolt, RAF personnel 1946-7, views of continental scenes including Mont St Michel, St Malo, Paris, Ireland, Stavangar etc. Some views annotated.

Unknown person

Miscellaneous documents relating to Norwood

  • AR342
  • Collection
  • 1886-1919

Deed poll (change of surname) of Herbert John Grierson Ward, of 39 South Norwood Hill, 1912; account book of Mrs Grant Wilson of Red Roofs for purchases made at C H Powell, grocers, Beulah Hill; counterpart lease of Grange Lodge, Beulah Spa, 1886

Unknown person

Computing lecture notes

  • AR346
  • Collection
  • 1950-1962

Volume of instructions on preparation of engineering production drawings, 1950-59; notes on the operation of electro-mechanical punched-card machines produced 1955-62 by a Senior Development Engineer employed by Powers-Samas Accounting Machines. These notes formed the basis of ten 1-hour lectures on computers which formed part of an Msc Course on Computing at the University of Surrey.

Powers-Samas Accounting Machines

Deeds and wills relating to Croydon

  • AR366
  • Collection
  • 1392-1783

Deed, at Croydon on Corpus Christi 15 Ric II (1392) between Peter Vyne and John Spicer of Croydon re 1.5a in the common field of Croydon called le gore on the south side of Crowehamlane; copy of court roll of the manor of Croydon 1438 re the former lands of John Ovenstede viz lands and tens once of John Clayhill, lands and tens called Wolvardes, lands and tens once of Geoffrey and Peter Jay, lands and tens called Redefele, toft and 2a called Beneveys, parcel called Canonbrome; wills of Parker family of Waddon 1733 and 1773; wills of Bisenden family 1762-1783.

Unknown person

Suburban Press Number 5: Lo! A monster is born

  • AR1138
  • Collection
  • c1972

Issue No 5 of the Suburban Press titled 'Lo! A Monster is Born' about the redevelopment of Croydon between 1956 and 1972. The Suburban Press was launched by Jamie Reid, a former student at Croydon Art School

Suburban Press

The Listening Post

  • AR1140
  • Collection
  • 1939-1941

Issues of' The Listening Post', The Journal for the Wardens of Coulsdon and Purley Urban District, a monthly magazine for Air Raid Wardens during World War Two

Wardens Service of Coulsdon and Purley Urban District Council

RECORDS OF SOUTH NORWOOD HIGH SCHOOL

  • SCH127
  • Collection
  • 1902 - 1983

Secondary Education. South Norwood High School/Sandown Road (South Norwood)/South Norwood/Croydon/London/South-East/England. Opened as Portland Road Girls' School on 7 April 1902 and Portland Road Boys' School on 8 April 1902. A separate Portland Road Junior School was opened on 18 June 1906, with the same headmaster as the boys' school. The boys' and junior schools were amalgamated on 31 March 1911. In September 1931, the boys' and girls' schools were reorganised and admitted only senior pupils after that date. In July 1958, the girls' school was closed and the boys' school was reorganised to form Portland Secondary Mixed School. The name of the school was changed to South Norwood in 1969 and in July 1971, it became an 11 - 14 mixed comprehensive school (South Norwood High School). Closed 31 August 1983. Retrospectively accessioned 17 August 2001.

South Norwood High School

Results 126 to 150 of 724