- 1932 - 1998 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Opened 4 April 1932. Existed as a combined infant and junior school until April 1957, when a separate infant school was opened on the same site. The school federated, as Kensington Avenue Primary School, in 2005.
Retrospectively accessioned 18 June 2001. Further transfers were received in 2010 (A1018) and 2011 (A1035)
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Accession Number: A1018
Photographs of Sports and Class Groups
Accession Number: A1035
Further records of Kensington Avenue Primary School
Kensington Avenue Infant School
1) 1957 - 1979 (RC schedule no. 1, condition: needs rebinding (broken spine))
2) 1979 - 1991 (RC schedule no.2, condition: good).
3) 1991 - 1995 (RC schedule no.3 condition good)
4) 1995 - 1997 (RC schedule no.4, condition good. Note: only half book used and entries cease abruptly).
Register of corporal punishment:
1958 - 1981 with most of book unused. Condition: good
1) 1955 - 1970 (RC schedule no. 1. Condition: poor)
2) 1971 - 1990 (RC schedule no. 2. Condition:rebound)
3) 1991 - 1995 (RC schedule no.3. Condition: reasonable).
Kensington Avenue Junior School
1) 1986 - 1991 (RC schedule no. 4. Condition good. Note: ends on 28/3/1991 with departure of Mr Seaman (not on 31 Dec 1990 as noted on RC schedule).
1) 1973 - 1993 (RC schedule no. 6. Condition: rebound)
2) 1993 - 1998 (RC schedule no 7. Condition: appalling!!)
Item date: 1955 - 1998
Accession date: 29/03/2011
Custodial history: Transferred by the school on 29 March 2011.
Access conditions: Log books and punishment registers less than 50 years old are closed, and may only be consulted with the permission of the Director of Education.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Some of the records in our collections contain sensitive and personal data that we have a legal responsibility to control access to. In these circumstances, staff may search the collection on your behalf, having received consent or proof of death of the individual concerned.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information regarding the particular collection you wish to access.
You can make a request for information which may be in a closed record under the Freedom of Information Act, 2000 or the Environmental Information Regulations, 2004. For more information about making a request, see the Croydon Council website (www.croydon.gov.uk). Making a request does not guarantee access to the information you ask for, as there may be a valid exemption from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion